Links to sites related to our ministry
Faith and Religion
- Wilbraham Saint Ninian's United Reformed Church - the home base for our church.
- Liberty Church, Blackpool - An inclusive church that welcomes everyone who celebrates the diversity of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people.
- Branching Out Ministries, Dublin - an lgbt-led ministry who meet in Dublin, inviting people from all walks of life, sexual orientation and gender identity to join together for worship, discussion and social activities.
- The Courage Trust - UK-based Christian Ministry offering understanding and support for homosexual people who wish to follow the path of Christian discipleship.
- The Jean White Archive - A collection of the sermons, worship resources and pastoral materials developed by The Reverend Elder Jean White during her ministry as an Elder of the Metropolitan Community Church and as Pastor of MCC South London.
- Lesbian & Gay Christian Movement (LGCM)
- Quest - Roman Catholic Group.
- Quaker Lesbian and Gay Fellowship
- A Common Bond - International support network for lgbt former and current Jehovah's Witnesses.
- Imaan - suppots LGBT Muslim people, their families and friends, to address issues of sexual orientation within Islam.
- Textweek - Sermon notes, lectionaries, etc.
- Sacredise - Daily prayer comprising reading, reflection and prayer
- Sacred Space - Daily prayer online.
- Online translations of the Bible
- Reform - Magazine of the United Reformed Church.
- LGBT Foundation - helpline 0345 3 30 30 30 is open 365 days a year, 10am - 10pm.
- Stonewall - campaigning and lobbying group seeking lgb equality, tackling homophobia, and ensuring that the rights and needs of lesbians, gay men and bisexuals are addressed in society.
- LGBT Source Guide - to historical resources on the lgbt communities in Manchester.
- Rainbow Noir - group for LGBTI people of colour (also Facebook Page).
LGBT - Young People
- Albert Kennedy Trust - Supporting lesbian, gay and bisexual young people.
- LGBT Youth North West - putting lgbt youth on the agenda.
- LGBT Youth Manchester - project based in the city centre for young people aged 14-25.
- Schools Out - working towards equality, safety and visibility in education for all lgb&t people.
- The D'Arcy Lainey Foundation (DALAFO) - a not-for-profit organisation based in Oldham which primarily supports LGBT parents and their children.
- First Wednesday - Manchester-based support and social group for lgbt asylum seekers.
- Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit (GMIAU)
- Lesbian Immigration Support Group (LISG)
- Women Asylum Seekers Together (WAST)
- Right to Remain (RtR) - formerly the National Coalition of Anti-Deportation Campaigns (NCADC).
- Refugee Action - Greater Manchester
- Asylum Support Housing Advice (ASHA) - helps asylum seekers whose applications have been refused and fully determined, and whose status renders them homeless and destitute.
- Boaz Trust - serving destitute asylum seekers in Greater Manchester.
- UK Lesbian and Gay Immigration Group (UKLGIG)
- Women for Refugee Women - challenges injustices experienced by women who seek asyum in the UK.
- Manchester City of Sanctuary - 'About Asylum Seekers' page.
- Freedom from Torture - North West in Manchester - part of the Medical Foundation for the Care of Victims of Torture.
- Manchester Immigration Detainee Support Team (MIDST) - visit people in detention at Pennine House Immigration Detention Centre, Manchester.
- Yarl's Wood Befrienders - visit people in detention at Yarl's Wood Immigration Removal Centre, Bedfordshire.
- Morton Hall Detainee Visitors Group - visit people in detention at Morton Hall Immigration Removal Centre, Lincolnshire.
- Association of Visitors to Immigration Detainees (AVID) - includes a list of Visitor Groups to Immigration Removal Centres across the country.
- Sparkle - the national transgender celebration.
- TransForum Manchester - trans support and discussion group.
- MORF - social and support group for transguys in Manchester.
- Trans Youth - Afternoon TEA (Trans Education and Action) - for anyone aged 14-25 who identifies under the trans umbrella or is questioning their gender identity.
- Manchester Concord - transgender social club.
- Unique - support and social group for all transgendered people in North Wales and West Cheshire.
- Transgender Day of Remembrance - set aside as a memorial to those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice.
- Press for Change - a lobbying and legal support group for trans people.
- Gender Identity Research and Education Society (GIRES) - information for trans people, their families and the professionals who care for them.
- Greater Manchester Police - outreach to LGBT communities. (Call 101 non-emergency, or 999 emergency only).
- Staying safe in the gay village - useful guidance from the LGF.
- LGBT police advice surgery - held weekly at the LGF.
- Sophie Lancaster Foundation - focuses on creating respect for and understanding of subcultures in our communities, and works with politicians and police forces to ensure individuals who are part of subcultures are protected by the law.
- Broken Rainbow - national LGBT domestic violence helpline (0800 999 5428 - check website for opening hours).
- Stop Hate UK - provides independent and confidential support to people affected by hate crime.
- True Vision - online information and reporting facility for hate crime.
- George House Trust - supporting people living with or affected by HIV in the North West, and ensuring the best quality of life for all people living with HIV.
- LGBT Foundation: Get Support - offering a wide range of health services, support and advice sessions on sexual health, mental health, counselling, alcohol/drug dependency, HIV, cancer, etc.
- Talk to Frank - Friendly confidential drugs advice and support.
Links to churches in the Chorlton area
|Metropolitan Church (a Mission Project of the United Reformed Church)||St Werburgh's Parish Church (Anglican)|
|Wilbraham St Ninian's United Reformed Church||St Clement's Parish Church (also responsible for mission church of St Barnabas) (Anglican)|
|Chorlton Central Church (Baptist & United Reformed)||Our Lady and St John (Roman Catholic)|
|Chorlton Methodist Church (also responsible for Manley Park Methodist Church)||The English Martyrs (Roman Catholic)|
|Chorlton Unitarian Church||Chorlton Evangelical Church|
|Church of Pentecost - UK|