Church Meeting - serving also as the Annual General Meeting 2015
Sunday 24th May 2015 - after worship (approx 6pm)
This page provides links to all the documents required for our forthcoming church meeting which will also serve as our Annual General Meeting. In order to ensure consistency of layout and appearance, all the documents are in pdf format.
We will aim to provide printed copies of these documents at the meeting itself, but there will be little time available for reading through the documents there and then. Therefore all members attending the meeting are asked:
- to read all the documents online in advance of the meeting and make a note of any issues they may wish to raise;
- to print their own copies of any documents they may wish to bring to the meeting;
- or to download relevant files onto viewing devices (such as tablets, Kindles or smartphones) for accessing during the meeting.
(Please note, there is no wifi provision in church and mobile data coverage can be patchy. Therefore, any downloaded files should be viewable entirely offline to ensure continuous access.)
- 1: Opening Prayers
- 2: Minutes of the Church Meeting held on 26th April 2015
- 3: Matters Arising from the Minutes of the April Church Meeting
- 4: Local Leaders - Role Description
- 5: Elections and Appointments
- 6: Treasurer's Report for 2014
- 7: Report of External Examiner on the 2014 accounts
- 8: Budget for 2015
- 9: Report of the Committee for 2014
- 10: Pastor's Report for 2014
- 11: Election/Appointment Results
- 12: Any other business
- 13: Closing Prayers
- Report of the Committee to the 2015 AGM for the year 2014
- Pastor's Report to the 2015 AGM for the year 2014
- Accounts for the year 2014
- External Examiner's Statement on the 2014 Accounts
- Budget for the year 2015
5. Elections to the Committee - four vacancies for 2 years; one vacancy for 1 year (see note below)
- Election Statement - Anna Booth
- Election Statement - Pam Hunt
- Election Statement - Walt Johnson (re-election)
- Election Statement - Susan Parry
- Election Statement - Jean Francois Pondy
Note (amended following the 2015 AGM): Our constitution provides for a Commiittee consisiting of 7 members plus the Pastor. It also specifies that half the Committee members shall be due for election each year, and the ones due for election shall be those whose date of election was the earliest. Accordingly, the Committee seats are presently configured as follows:
- Pastor - shortly to become vacant.
- Seat 1 - Philip Jones - elected 2014 - 2-year seat comes up for election in 2016.
- Seat 2 - Jenny-Anne Bishop - elected 2014 - 2-year seat comes up for election in 2016.
- Seat 3 - Pam Hunt - elected 2015 - fulfilling the remianing year of a 2-year seat, with the seat coming up for election in 2016.
- Seat 4 - Walt Johnson - elected 2015 - 2-year seat comes up for election in 2017.
- Seat 5 - Anna Booth - elected 2015 - 2-year seat comes up for election in 2017.
- Seat 6 - Susan Parry - elected 2015 - 2-year seat comes up for election in 2017.
- Seat 7 - Jean Francois Pondy - elected 2015 - 2-year seat comes up for election in 2017.
The above provisions align with the requirements of our Constitution, resulting in seats 1, 2 & 3 serving until 2016, and seats 4, 5, 6 & 7 serving until 2017.